Premiere Episode: 1930-00-00
Final Episode: 1931-06-03
Dates: 1930 - 6/3/1931
Network: NBC Blue
Starting time: 9:30PM
Sponsor: Camel Cigarettes
Length of show: 60 minutes
Unless stated otherwise, the information on this website about the program Camel Pleasure Hour was obtained from the following sources or the sources listed in the References & Links pages of the cast of this program.
Principal Books referenced:
- The 4th Revised Ultimate History of Network Radio Programming by Jay Hickerson
- Archives of the Airwaves by Roger C. Paulson
OTRR publishes a monthly journal, Old Radio Times. The following is a listing of articles from this journal which refer to this program.
- Bing Goes Solo, Excerpts from Bing Crosby - The Radio Directories, Pt. 4 by Lionel Pairpoint, April 2008, p 19
- Danny Goodwin's Lists of Highest Rated Evening Programs:
- Other Books:
- Cox, Jim, Music Radio: The Great Performers and Programs of the 1920s through Early 1960s, McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers, 2005
- Summers, Harrison B., Thirty-Year History of Programs Carried on National Radio Networks in the U. S. 1926-1956, A, Arno Press and The New York Times, 1971
- Larry Husch
- Rianne Schroeder
- Jim Beshires
For more detailed information, click here.